Thursday, October 22, 2009

We're pregnant!

This is our baby's heartbeat at 14 weeks. First heard at 10 weeks.

Pregnant, happy and oh so sick...still. So, we found out that we were pregnant on August 20th, which was at 5 1/2 weeks. August 25th was my last day in the real world. Starting at 3:30am on the 26th I began throwing up and have not stopped yet. Hearing the heartbeat at 10 weeks was a relief. Very reassuring that everything was still okay. Finally had to officially leave my jobs at the daycare and swimming pool. I will be applying for Sick Leave now.

No belly showing yet. I've lost quite a bit of weight and have had numerous trips to emergency for IVs. With all of this, my spirits are still high. The second appointment to hear the heartbeat was again reassuring. We also heard the whooshing sounds of the baby's movement. Dr.Boronowski told us there was actually a lot of movement. he even let Graham use the doppler on my belly.

Graham has been more than perfect, as usual. Get me apple juice, hold my hair back, clean out my bucket, rub my feet, and many other phrases are often in need of translation as they usually all come out as 'mehhhhhh'...or however you would spell a whiny groan. He has become fluent in the language.

I've lost most of my muscle except for my abs - they get their daily (often many times a day) workout.

So, still happy and not going shack whacky. Time is actually going quickly.

Jen, Graham & ?

The day we found out we were 5 1/2 weeks pregnant.

1 comment:

  1. Jen, thanks for the vid! Isn't it so cool to hear the baby's heart!? I love the sweater-vest/flannel combo the doc is sporting!

    Becky lost weight early on too. Not keeping things down is so freaky. Hang in there, it does get better. Your appetite will come back with a vengeance.

    ReplyDelete